Monday, February 22, 2010

The weekend that was..

On a weekend that I hadn't been expecting much, I believe it was one of the best weekends that I've had in quite a while. I need more of these. Ever since last weekend when I was given a phone number, I had a choice of what I was to do with it. This past week has been a great week, but it's also been a week of trial and error. I've been down the road of being told one thing, just because it's what they want me to hear. Then over time, I see something and someone completely different than I met. I'm a patient person and give anything enough time I'll see where the chips lay. I ain't tripping.

But as for my weekend, it was the first time I've ever seen anyone get a tattoo. It was a pretty interesting ordeal, I'm not sure I'd be able to have done it. 3 hours... on her ribcage, bleh... but she was a trooper, a champ and a squirmier..

Then we went to Tailgators. I didn't realize how much I missed some people more than others and how glad I am they're in my life. I had a blast seeing my friends from my days in Topeka. I miss them. But the reason I was in really in Topeka was because she made me comfortable enough to want to be there.

There's something about seeing someone you haven't seen in years that you had a crush on. (I've done a 180 degree turn with my life and the people that knew me, don't know who I am now. I'd like to explain, but explaining does nothing, when your actions speak for you.) Then realizing exactly why you had a crush on them. Not just for looks, but for the little things that I'd keep to myself. We've aged and grown, but never would I have believed her to be single. She's an imperfectly perfect person and I'm more than thrilled to have her come into my life.

Am I worried about how things will turnout? Not really, I can't control that stuff. I know that persistence isn't patience and that patience is consistence.

A little consistency is all we want in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment